chapter 6

Dear diary,
The night was opaque, but the stars still glistened over the lagoon. I still managed to see Ralph and Simon pick up Percival.  I walked back to my hut and kicked the sand off my feet. And my eyes were shut for the rest of the night.

I hear leaves rustling and feet little feet slapping against the sand. I hear ralphs name being called. It was the twins Sam and Eric they were ranting on about a beastie. I was to stay quiet they said and the beastie was still lurking out. I listened to the twins little feet go from shelter to shelter spreading the news. We were to have an assembly ralph had said. Instead of blowing the conch ralph held it in the air and we knew what he meant.

The sun rays fanned upwards from the horizon as we all stood in a circle clenching our spears near.
The twins took the conch and began to speak of the beastie. The fire was bright they said and they beastie had eyes, claws, and teeth. The twins had bashed into things while running from the beastie and the marks on their face showed it. The other boys argued about hunting the beastie, but I why couldn’t they just stay here where it is safe. Maybe the beast won't come down here. Ralph hollered at me asking what of the fire and other thing. The hunters and ralph decide to go look for the beast, and leave me here. The boys ate before they left and went on.


I can't believe ralph made me stay here with the little uns without protection. I can barely see and and they don’t even listen to me. Why did I even say I wanted to stay here I should've suggested we all go. Now I have to listen to the little uns cries. I don’t even know if they are coming back because they have been gone all day.

Maybe they will come back with the beastie dead. Who knows what those boys will do at this point. Why do I even bother talking they don’t listen to me anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D-Day Journal

chapter 1

chapter 4