chapter 5

Dear diary,
 Darkness was about to surround the island. I stumbled down the mountain with only half my sight. I saw footprints in the sand washed away by the tide.

After today's problems ralph decided to have an assembly. We watched him walk on the beach talking to himself and thinking. When ralph is done he blows the conch to begin the assembly. Ralph begins to rant about the fire going out and about our work on the island. He is just trying to get us back in line.

Some of the boys walk away and ralph and I began to talk. Ralph is thinking of stepping down as chief. If if he does jack will be the leader and and will treat me worse than he does now. The other boys will  follow jack and will be completely unaware of what is going on. I tell ralph to blow the conch, but he is worried the boys will ignore him.
We just went to sleep after that. The little uns were crying out, but I ignored them and drifted off into sleep. Hopefully we will get some order back in the island, but imma worry about that tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D-Day Journal

chapter 1

chapter 4