"beastie"


            The "little uns" whisper of a snake-like thing a "beastie". When I first heard of this thing I did not really acknowledge it like the older boys. A few days later during the assembly the boys began to speak of the beastie again. The little uns described the beastie as a snake-like thing as they did before. Of course jack says he is going to kill and doesn’t care what it is. Ralph and I are sort of on the same page. He thinks of the beastie as the little uns imagination and I just do not believe in such things. Simon says it is them, but I cannot quite understand what he means by that. - Piggy

 

           I think the beastie is not real. I know it symbolizes the fear in the boys. I personally agree with Simon's suggestion. He suggests the beast is them. The longer the boys stay on the island the more they become more beast like. - Sabrina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

D-Day Journal

chapter 1

chapter 4